💬 Contact Us
Register | Login
Robotics
Home Contests Arena Inventions Past Results Forum FAQs
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » 2011-12 Area Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2011-12 Area Arena

Post subject: state rules
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:36 pm 

Have read the rules on page 24 just want to make sure; Int. and Adv. completion of task 4.3.4 is required before points are awared, that is the OPEN SOURCE SOLUTION - Bill of Materials, am I correct???

For Advance; no more than 1 Active (Red) Fuel Rod is allowed to undergo "meltdown" as in section 4.3.8 or 4.3.5. Does that mean one of the reds can stay outside the Cooling Tower?? Now are you talking about the one with the stack of 5 or single.

Thanks,
grace :?:

Post subject: Re: state rules
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm 

ggomez2005 wrote:
Have read the rules on page 24 just want to make sure; Int. and Adv. completion of task 4.3.4 is required before points are awared, that is the OPEN SOURCE SOLUTION - Bill of Materials, am I correct???

Indeed. If a team does not have a Bill of Materials, the team is disqualified from play. No exceptions. This will be considered as detrimental as showing up without a robot.

ggomez2005 wrote:
For Advance; no more than 1 Active (Red) Fuel Rod is allowed to undergo "meltdown" as in section 4.3.8 or 4.3.5. Does that mean one of the reds can stay outside the Cooling Tower?? Now are you talking about the one with the stack of 5 or single.

This means that in Advanced level play no more than one Active (Red) Fuel Rod is allowed to undergo Meltdown - i.e. if both Rods (stack of 5 checkers) are knocked over (or the Rods are no longer considered Rods) then the MATCH IS OVER AND RULE 5.1.2 WILL BE ASSESSED.

-Danny

[This post was edited to reflect a clarification]

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:36 pm 

They can still put all active fuel rods in the cooling area?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am 

ggomez2005 wrote:
They can still ...

The answer to THIS question is YES. If it was legal to do it before, it's still legal to do it. With 2 exceptions:

1. If you do not show a Bill of Materials, game over immediately.
2. If you are playing Advanced, and you have no Active (Red) Fuel Rods left (because they've been knocked over), game over immediately.

-Danny

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am 

Danny,

At state, I understand the game ends immediately when the second meltdown occurs. What do you mean the team scores a zero? A zero for what task(s) or is it the entire round? I understood rule 5.1.2 that the game ends immediately, the field would be assessed, and any penalties accured would be doubled. Please clarify this.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:42 pm 

holj2045 wrote:
At state, I understand the game ends immediately when the second meltdown occurs. What do you mean the team scores a zero? A zero for what task(s) or is it the entire round? I understood rule 5.1.2 that the game ends immediately, the field would be assessed, and any penalties accured would be doubled. Please clarify this.

You are correct, I was incorrect (see, it happens from time to time :oops: ). When the second meltdown occurs the match is over, rule 5.1.2 is applied, and penalties are doubled but you will get credit for action successfully completed. The minimum score possible is ZERO, even if the score ends up being calculated negative.

Thanks for the fact-checking.
-Danny

Board index » 2011-12 Area Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2011-12 Area Arena