💬 Contact Us
Register | Login
Robotics
Home Contests Arena Inventions Past Results Forum FAQs
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » 2012-13 State Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2012-13 State Arena

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 am 

1) I just want to clarify to make sure that the teams can recover the robot during the last 60 seconds as long as the robot is not inside of the Molecule Reactor zone which is the big circle on our mats.

2) Intermediate teams will be able to rearrange pieces brought to the start zone during the last 60 seconds of play and recover their robot as long as the robot is not in the molecule reactor zone.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:18 am 

msteachertechno wrote:
1) I just want to clarify to make sure that the teams can recover the robot during the last 60 seconds as long as the robot is not inside of the Molecule Reactor zone which is the big circle on our mats.

2) Intermediate teams will be able to rearrange pieces brought to the start zone during the last 60 seconds of play and recover their robot as long as the robot is not in the molecule reactor zone.

On Part 1, you are correct. Both Intermediate and Advanced teams are under the same restriction AT STATE where the robot cannot be recovered if, in the last 60 seconds, ANY part of the robot is "IN" the zone - but you are still free to recover your robot otherwise.

On Part 2, this seems to be a two-part half-redundant question. You're asking if Intermediate Teams still get the Rule 5.0.7 "Intermediate Freedom" even in the last 60 seconds - and the answer is yes, absolutely, there is no rule saying otherwise. Then I believe you're asking Part 1 again (which I answered above). Is this correct?

-Danny

Board index » 2012-13 State Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2012-13 State Arena