💬 Contact Us
Register | Login
Robotics
Home Contests Arena Inventions Past Results Forum FAQs
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » 2012-13 Area Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2012-13 Area Arena

Post subject: Jan 26 Tournaments
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 pm 

Good luck to all teams both intermediate and advanced at tomorrow's big day! Thank you to all the judges who will be donating their time at the tournaments and know that you are APPRECIATED! :)

TIME TO GET YOUR ROBOT ON!!

Post subject: Re: Jan 26 Tournaments
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am 

Whew, that was a TON of fun!

At the Region 1 tournament, we had 137 Intermediate teams and 16 Advanced teams (no, that's not a typo, there really were 137 intermediate teams!). Very few teams had a Ranking Score (average of the two highest scores) at or over 200 points, only 4 Intermediate teams and 3 Advanced teams. This was also the case at the Region 13/20 competition, if I recall correctly only 3 teams in Region 13 had 200 or more Ranking points and none in Region 20 had 200 or more.

I have absolutely no input into the Wildcard process but if I were to put on my "Carnac the Magnificent" hat and make a "borderline divine and mystical" prediction about who I expect to see at State, it would be that teams who had a Ranking score of 200 or more have a better-than-average chance of making it to State via the Wildcard. Probably a ranking score of 180 or more have an average chance of making it to State via the Wildcard. Teams with a Ranking score of less than 180 likely have a very low chance of making it via the Wildcard.

Good luck!
-Danny

Board index » 2012-13 Area Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2012-13 Area Arena