Register | Login
Robotics
Home Contests Arena Inventions Past Results Forum FAQs
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » 2012-13 Area Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2012-13 Area Inventions

Post subject: Re: programming
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 pm 

thundermonkeys wrote:
The infinity loop wont work. We are trying to program our robot, but the loop just make the progam quit. How can we fix this?

I'm afraid you need to be much more specific. If I were to ask you this question, what information would you need to know in order to troubleshoot it? Certainly you would need to know the programming language being used, we need to know what exactly you tried (by providing a code snippet or a screen shot of the code itself), and what you're trying to do with the code.

I generally agree to provide support for RCX and NXT-G programming if you use RoboLab or NXT-G, I do not generally provide support for other programming languages. However, I do need to either see the code you're using (posting a screen shot is usually sufficient, attach a screen shot to this forum post) or I need to know what you're trying to do so I can help.

Usually when teams tell me an "infinity loop" (a loop set to run "forever") doesn't work, they are usually either not running the correct program on the brick or they're using a firmware that is too old. Make sure your NXT brick has the latest firmware (v1.31) - you can update the firmware by downloading it from the LEGO website and uploading it to the NXT brick using the NXT-G software by selecting "Tools"->"Update NXT Firmware...". If you feel you already have the correct firmware, re-update the firmware and try again; occasionally firmware does become corrupt, and can cause programs to not work correctly in some cases.

If you want additional help, please attach a screen shot of your program here.

-Danny

Board index » 2012-13 Area Robotics (Do Not Use) » 2012-13 Area Inventions